Just like mashed potato. Rice is one of those side dishes that very few people are able to go without. Cauli-Rice is a non-grain you can eat as much as you like with no shame!
Write a review
- 1 packet Cauli-Rice
- 1 onion
- 100g butter or coconut oil
- Salted water
- 1. Melt the cutter or coconut oil in a heavy based frying pan and sauté the onion until soft.
- 2. Add the cauliflower and mix through the onion and butter. Leave the heat on low or medium and place the lid on top of the pan.
- 3. Leave to cook for five to eight minutes and either set aside or serve immediately.
- just like normal rice, you can add just about anything to cauli-rice. You just need to adjust the water content if you are reading off a rice recipe as the cauli-rice requires no water to cook. It also doesn't holds its texture very well over long cooking periods so things like paella or risotto will need the rice added at the end rather than at the beginning.