Marinated Pork Chops With Basil Pesto
Write a review
- 4 thick-cut pork loin chops, on the bone
- Coconut oil or pork lard, for frying
- 300g fine green beans, blanched
- 300g vine tomatoes, pan-fried
- 125g basil pesto, to serve
- Fresh herbs, to garnish
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt flakes
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1. Place the pork chops in a shallow bowl. Wish together all the marinade ingredients, pour over the chops and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat the coconut oil or lard in a pan and fry die chops on both sides, in batches of 2, until cooked through and golden.
3. To assemble
- Arrange the beans and tomatoes on a platter, top with cooked pork chops and drizzle with pan juices.
4. To serve
- Place a dollop of basil pesto on each pork chop and garnish with fresh herbs.