Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 400 pork chipolata sausages (thin pork sausage)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon
- 3 medium eggs
- 300ml double-thick-cream
- Unroll the pastry sheet and use it to line a greased 18cm x 28cm tray-bake-tin, pressing it in well. Trim the overhanging pastry at the short ends and the corners. Prick the base with a fork. Chill in the fridge
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Put a baking sheet in to heat up. Skin the pork sausages and break each into 4 chunks. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the sausages chunks and fry them for about 8 minutes, shaking the pan ever so often until chunks are browned all over.
- Add the oil to the pan and when hot add the mushrooms. Cover and cook for 3 minutes then take the lid off and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they re browned and the juices are absorbed. Tip into the sieve with the sausages.
- Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife. Cut in half width ways then in half lengthways. Whisk the eggs and cream in a bowl. Season.
- Spread the sausage meat and the mushrooms in the pastry case. Pour in the beaten eggs and cream, and then crisscross the bacon strips over the top.
- Put the tin on the hot baking sheet on the bottom half of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Leave to 5 min before serving straight from the tin.
- One pan dish