Coconut oats with griddled pineapple
Write a review
- 6 tbsp. oats
- 165ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 thick slices pineapple, unpeeled
- 1 piece of preserved ginger in syrup, chopped (optional)
- Zest of 1 lime
- A little maple syrup
- Mix the oats and coconut milk in a large microwave-proof bowl. Add 150ml water to the mixture. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. You can also cook on the stove; bring mixture to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, Sprinkle half the sugar on one side of the pineapple slices. Put sugar-side down on the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Turn the slices over, sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the oats sprinkled with chopped ginger, if using, lime zest and a spoonful of syrup, to taste. Cut the pineapples slices into quarters and serve alongside the oats.