Pork Chops with Cheese
Write a review
- 90 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 – 3 springs of fresh rosemary
- 15 ml minced garlic
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 125 ml grated cheddar or gouda cheese
- Take out a baking sheet and shallow casserole dish and add the lemon juice, rosemary and garlic.
- Gently place the pork chops into the dish and tern several rimes to coat the meat well. Leave the chops in the marinade and cover the dish with plastic wrap, then place it in the fridge for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and rub salt and pepper evenly into both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the pork chops. Cook for 2-3 minutes to brown the one side. Turn the chops and reduce the heat to a medium-low setting. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 8 minutes.
- When the pork is cooked through, remove the pan and allow to rest for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the leftover marinades to the liquid in the pan, stirring it until it’s completely blended.
- Return the pork to the sauce in the pan and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the chops. Cover the pan again and cook briefly until the cheese has melted.