- a glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, kept whole
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- (add more if you like it hot)
- a large pinch of both salt and cracked black pepper
- a big handful of grated parmesan
- 2 big handfuls of fresh basil leaves
- torn 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 340g spaghetti
- Preheat oven to (220˚C)
- Drizzle olive oil into an oven tray and add the tomatoes (halved and whole).
- Add the garlic and chilli, season to taste and then toss the tomatoes around to combine all the ingredients
- Pop the tray into the oven and roast the tomatoes until charred and blistered (about 10 – 15 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and then the spaghetti.
- Cook to al dente then remove from the heat and drain.
- Place the spaghetti in a large serving platter and scatter over the blistered cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle over the toasted sunflower seeds, grated parmesan and fresh basil.
- Finish off with a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt and crackled black pepper.