This is one of the fundamentals of Banting and Paleo eating. By cheating the eyes you cheat the mind and it starts with lying to your eyes about mashed potatoes. In restaurants cauliflower mash is often served as a fancy substitute to standard issue mash, but this is now standard.
- 1 head (1kg) cauliflower – broken into florets
- 300ml milk
- 100g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Steam the cauliflower until it is mushy. (Never boil your veggies: this literally washes the nutrients away.)
- 2. Using a stick blender or food processor, puree the cauliflower until smooth.
- 3. Continue to puree, add the milk, then butter and beat until smooth and silky.
- 4. Season to taste and serve.
- Just like mashed potatoes, you can flavor cauliflower with mustard, wasabi, garlic or other flavor profiles.
- Serving Size: 6