Banting friendly recipe
- 2 – 4 Slices of ham per person
- Feta cheese
- 2 Eggs per person
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried or fresh Italian herbs
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray, or just grease it with a little butter so that the ham doesn’t stick to the inside while cooking
- Push the slices of ham into the muffin hole so that it forms a cup shape. The reason I’ve said 2 – 4 slices of ham is because sometimes you get big big muffin pans, or just really small cuts of ham. If this is the case, overlap two slices of ham and push into the muffin hole to form the cup shape.
- Crumble a little feta into the bottom of the ham cup.
- Crack the egg straight into the ham cup and season with a little salt, pepper and Italian herbs, if using.
- Place the muffin pan into the oven and leave to bake for 10 – 15 minutes, depending on how hard or soft you like your eggs.
- Once it’s done, take out the muffin pan and slide a knife around the edges to pop out the delicious little egg and ham cups. Sprinkle some Cheddar cheese on top for that awesome ‘two cheese’ combo effect.