A delicious curry for cooler days
- 5 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml ground coriander
- 10 ml ground cumin
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml chilli powder
- 450 g diced lamb
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 250 ml stock
- 450 ml button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 ml salt
- 2 ml pepper
- 3 ml brown sugar
- steamed basmati Rice, to serve
- 2 handfuls coriander leaves
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Stir in spices and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add lamb and cook, tossing, for 3 minutes or until sealed.
- Add tomatoes and stock.
- Simmer partially covered for 40 to 50 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with the steamed rice and yogurt.
- Tip: depending on your preference either double or halve the amount of chili.
- Serving Size: 4