RICE KRISPIE CAKE
Write a review
- 450g Butter toffees
- 250g butter
- 400g marshmallows
- 350g Rice Krispies
CHOCOLATE SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 2 Mars Bars, Sliced
- 4 tbsp. cream
- 120g White Chocolate Buttons or Discs
- 150g Mini-Marshmallows
- Unwrap the toffees and put them in a large non-stick pan with the butter. Heat gently for several min until melted. Stir quickly to combine. Add the marshmallows, warm through for 2 minutes. Mix vigorously to combine everything together.
- Slowly tip the Rice Krispies and mix everything together, until they’re well coated in toffee mixture.
- Quickly spoon the mixture into a 20cm and a 15cm deep cake tin, greased and lined. Use a wooden spoon to push down firmly into the corners, to level the surface. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the Mars bard and cream in a small non-stick pan and stir well together to create a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Put the larger cake onto a cake stand. Drizzle some sauce over the top and sides of the larger cake. Press the small cake on top and then drizzle the top and sides with more chocolate sauce.
- Press on the white chocolate buttons or discs, and the mini-marshmallows. To serve, lift off top cake and cut into portions. Store in a seal-able box for up to 1 week.
- TOP TIP: You can halve the basic recipe and press into a 30x20cm shallow, rectangular tin. Cut into bars.