Give leftover rice new life with seasoned Ground Beef and sautéed peas and peppers.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add Ground Beef, garlic and ginger; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings, if needed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper and pea pods; cook 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Return beef to skillet; heat through.
- Stir in green onions.
- Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Serving Size: 4