This dish is low in fat but high in flavor. A perfect one-pan wonder for a weekday supper. (Try adding steamed wholegrain rice if you want a more filling meal.)
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, roughly chopped,
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and roughly chopped,
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 250g boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or chicken fillets), cut into 3cm in chunks
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 200g easy-cook long grain rice
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can cherry tomatoes, in natural juice
- 200ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flesh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges
- 1. Heat a large frying pan with a flameproof handle over a medium heat and lightly spay oil. Add the onion, red pepper, garlic and chicken . Cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 2. Preheat the grill to a hot setting.
- 3. Add the chili powder, rice, beans, tomatoes and stock to the pan. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4. Place the pan under the grill and cook until golden.
- 5. Divide between four plates, garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges.