- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 9 boneless chicken thighs or chicken fillets, cut into thirds
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 200g tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cinnamon
- ½ tsp dried oregano or small handful fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 300 basmati rice, rinsed
- Feta and oregano leaves, to serve.
- 1. Heat the oil in a casserole dish set over a medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches and set aside. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until softened and golden. Add the garlic, peppers, tomato paste, paprika, cinnamon, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Mix well, add 125ml water and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 2. Put the rice in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes then drain. Take out half of the tomato mixture from the casserole and add and even laver of rice topped with a layer of chicken, then the rest of the sauce. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook on high for 10 minutes. Turn to a medium-low simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with feta and oregano to serve.
- Serving Size: 6