With a blend of your favorite veggies mixed right into the pizza sauce and topped with lean Ground Beef, you’ve got yourself an easy and totally irresistible pizza.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1–1/2 cups frozen vegetables, such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and zucchini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 package (14 to 16 ounces) fresh whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven according to package directions on pizza dough package.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef and oregano; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 1/2 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Remove drippings.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Place frozen vegetables, medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Add water; cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave in the microwave for 2 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Place vegetables and their cooking liquid into blender or food processor; add marinara sauce.
- Process until vegetable mixture is smooth.
- Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spray 15 x 10-inch rimmed baking pan or 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press and stretch dough to edges of pan.
- Top with vegetable sauce, cheese, tomatoes and beef mixture.
- Bake according to package instructions on dough package or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with basil if desired.
- Cook’s Tip: Coarsely chopped fresh vegetables can be used in place of frozen vegetables for the pizza sauce.
- Serving Size: 6