- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 Tenderized steaks, 3 – 5 mm thick
- 1 medium onion, Peeled and coarsely chopped
- 15 ml chopped fresh parsley or 5ml dried
- 60 ml tomato sauce
- 60 ml fruit chutney
- 45 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5 ml ground masala
- 10 ml sugar
- 30 ml vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil in heavy based pan. Add steaks and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until brown. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add more oil if necessary and fry onions until soft and starting to turn brown. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- 3. Return steaks to pan and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Serve immediately with cooked potatoes, or mashed potatoes.
Tips & Tricks
- Variation: If preferred, onions can be omitted.
- Serving Size: 4