- Olive oil for frying
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Musthav Crushed Garlic
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Mild or medium curry powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander (Uitkyk)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger (Uitkyk)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Turmeric (Uitkyk)
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 Chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 800g Beef, Chicken or lamb cubes
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 350 g green beans, sliced into 3-cm lengths
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the curry powder, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cardamom and chilli and cook for 5 minutes .
- Add your choice of meat to the curry mixture and brown it. Add the chopped tomatoes and mix through.
- Add the pepper, green beans and sweet potato cubes
- Transfer everything to a pressure cooked and cook for 45-60 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serving Size: 4